The UK Association for European Law invites students, trainee solicitors and pupil barristers to an evening of short talks on practising EU Law. This will be, as always, an informal and very friendly occasion to meet EU Law professionals and fellow EU Law students. The short presentations will introduce different sectors of EU Law in the professional world. Speakers will cover typical work scenarios and career patterns of their work, and will answer any questions.
Date: 23 February 2016
Time: 18:00 – 20:00
We express our thanks to Linklaters LLP who will host the event at 1 Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ.
UKAEL individual members can attend for free. Students and others who are not UKAEL members are asked to register and pay a £5 fee. Please indicate your institution when booking.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – registration is ESSENTIAL!
Also visit our Facebook event page and invite friends!
PROGRAMME – EU Law at/in:
- The Bar – Michael Bowsher QC, Monckton Chambers
- The International Law Firm – Sir Christopher Bellamy QC, Chairman, Linklaters Global Competition Practice (TBC)
- The Government Legal Service (Daniel Denman, Director of the Cabinet Office European Law Division in the Treasury Solicitor’s Department)
- Academia (Professor Andrea Biondi, King’s College London)
- The EU Institutions (Jacqueline Minor, Head of European Commission Representation)